Hi I had a miscarriage and had a D&C right
I had a miscarriage and had a D&C right after. When we did the sonogram a week after the D&C doctor said there was still a lot inside and I needs to have my body expel the rest. I started taking Misoprostol and on the first pill a lot came out. After that I am still taking the pill (it was prescribed for 7 days) but nothing more is happening. No blood or anything. Can I stop taking it or do I need to finish the 7 days? It’s a painful pill to take and if nothing more is coming out I rather stop taking it.
Please complete the prescribed course.
Thanks for sharing your health concern with us.
In the current scenario, I would ask you to complete the prescribed course to avoid any untoward incidents in future which may happen due to residual products.
Pain is a side effect of the medication and can be reduced by taking anti-spasmodic medication. Please maintain adequate electrolyte balance.
A trans-vaginal sonogram should be taken two weeks after the procedure to confirm complete evacuation. Further management can be planned accordingly.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?