Hi I had a microdiscectomy on L5/S1 in Nov and

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi I had a microdiscectomy on L5/S1 in Nov and am now back at work but experience pain when sitting. Pain is in the middle of my bottom between base of vagina and rectum. I have what I think might be Bartholins cyst as have a swelling each side of base of vagina and now noticed a small lump just inside rectum. I have had some
Antibiotics for bartholins cyst in case infected but swelling still there. Are these related to my operation as I an now back to sitting more - the pain is like pressure and burning like after you have a baby. Please can you advise. Worried. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms very likely related to Bartholin cyst.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor " service.

I have read your query and here is my advice.

Symptoms you describe are not typical for herniated disc disease, Bartholin cyst instead may cause them.

Bartholin gland cyst may recurr even after antibiotics treatment, so, I think that you should consider an evaluation for Bartholin cyst recurrence.

Discuss with your Doctor for these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D