Hi I had a mammogram on 2/18/18 the technologies told

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019 in Breast Cancer
Question: Hi I had a mammogram on 2/18/18 the technologies told me everything was fine I get a call back on 2/20 to come back for additional films on my left breast with poss us.They sent me the report that said subcentimer 3mm asymmetry with 2mm round microcalcifications in the retroavolar position all my mammograms have been normal I had a hysterectomy 25 years ago. I'm so upset is this bad or a sign of cancer. The radiologist dept told me the radiologist said everything looks good but needs more views how should I take this.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 0 minute later
Hi I had a mammogram on 2/18/18 the technologies told me everything was fine I get a call back on 2/20 to come back for additional films on my left breast with poss us.They sent me the report that said subcentimer 3mm asymmetry with 2mm round microcalcifications in the retroavolar position all my mammograms have been normal I had a hysterectomy 25 years ago. I'm so upset is this bad or a sign of cancer. The radiologist dept told me the radiologist said everything looks good but needs more views how should I take this.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Brest exams

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

In my opinion you should not worry.The signs that you referred in your mamografy are common and in most of time begin, but of corse the doctor must be sure that everything it’s ok with your brest.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Brest exams

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 29 minutes later
may I ask what kind of oncologist you are I had the mammogram on 2/18/19 what is the 3 mm asymmetry and are round calcifications normal or is this a sign of early cancer
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 4 minutes later
is 3mm and 2mm calcifications small is this a bad thing

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 2 minutes later
3mm asymmetry 2mm round calcifications

3mm asymmetry 2mm round calcifications

Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Breast exam

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I am medical oncologist

This situation it’s common and benign most of time

You may have breast MRI for better results
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Brief Answer:
Breast exam

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I am medical oncologist

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 4 hours later
when radiologist write a report do they put suspicious or worrisome right away in the report the radiologist did not say any of these words did not even mention mass just said subcenter 3mm assemtry with 2 mm calcification in retroareaolar area need more views. If she thought it was suspicious would she write those words in the report now before the extra views? I AM SO WORRIED all my previous mammogram where always normal I'm making myself sick over this. would you be so kind to explain.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 1 minute later
also is 2mm round calcifications bad?
also is 2mm round calcifications bad?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion you should not worry in your case,if it was something suspicious of course she
would write everything in the report

Microcalcifications are small calcium deposits that look like white specks on a mammogram. Microcalcifications are usually not a result of cancer

Brief Answer:
Not worrisome

Detailed Answer:
would write everything in the report

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 3 hours later
why would I get a 2mm calcification im 58 is this part of aging or down the road can it be something
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Breast exam

With aging women may have microcalcification in the breast, but as I said they are benign most of time
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Brief Answer:
Breast exam

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 30 hours later
Hi Dr so I went back to the imaging center on 2/25/19 for additional views of my left breast and the radiologist did a sonogram. all could see was a very small cyst 3mm complex cyst she said. She said it had no suspicious finding or shapes or irregularity jus a very small cyst she also said it looks like it overlapped itself. She said it is not worrisome but would like to see me in 6 months for follow up. Are complex cyst this small dangerous or could turn into cancer , or can this go away on its own? Your opinion means a lot. I was so worried that I made myself sick.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 17 hours later
can this go away on its own? What happened in 6 month if it get bigger or smaller so in 6 months could this turn cancer. iS this the assmettry she was looking at the breast cyst she said there was nothing else on the sonogram.
Brief Answer:
Regarding Breast examinations

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

The cyst may or may not change the size, but it’s difficult for the cyst to disappear

Everything would be ok, you should not worry.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Brief Answer:
Regarding Breast examinations

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 27 minutes later
thank you. If it gets bigger what do they do if it stays smaller what do they do. I am trying to be procative with this. I don't want to have breast cancer down the road if this could be prevented.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 23 hours later
I am waiting for the report she said it looks like the cyst overlapped does that mean collapsed? very small I researched and people all talking about complex cyst should be aspirated right away because they don't know. I AM STILL WORRIED. HELP
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Breast exam

Detailed Answer:
Yes, As I've already mentioned earlier as well...This cyst is too small to worry about it.

However, it’s not collapsed. In my opinion, you should have it followed up by your doctor after 6 months...Please, don't be so worried.

Brief Answer:
Breast exam

Detailed Answer: