Hi, I had a exposure 3.5 Months back at a
I had a exposure 3.5 Months back at a massage parlour not sure about the lady's status, after 2 Months of exposure i had Neck pain and had undergone neck ultrasound scan which showed multiple cervical Lymph node(I had sore throat and tooth infection before) for which doctor gave a antibiotic for one week, after one week of antibiotic the size of lymph reduced and doctors said every thing was normal and not to worry, since one week i have this burning sensation in my inner thing and groin.
Apart from this i dont have any other symptoms like Rashes in genetals or diaheria etc..
Note : This exposure happened by mistake, otherwise i don't visit any massage parlour and sex worker.
Iam totally freaked out , please let me know if iam at the risk of contacting HIV.
Awaiting your response.
The risk of contracting HIV in your case is very less.
Welcome to HCM.
You had an exposure 3.5 months before after which you had developed sore throat and multiple cervical lymph nodes but these might be due to some other infection that already subsides with antibiotic therapy. The burning in the groin region is also not significant for HIV becuase single unprotected intercourse with unknown status partner carries very less risk for HIV.
It is more than 3 months after the exposure so you can go for 4th generation HIV Duos test to get 100% conclusive result because the window period for HIV varies from 15 days to 3 months. The negative result will remove your fear and anxiety completely. Further, stay away from such unsafe sexual practices to prevent future risk of HIV and other STDs. If still any query is there feel free to ask me again and I am here to help you out always.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?