Hi, I had a brief interaction with a woman who's

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi, I had a brief interaction with a woman who's very likely to have stds, and I;m currently worried about possibly having contracted a strain of hpv and what to do about it. The full story is that about 3 weeks ago, after a bad breakup, I went to a massage parlor. The parlor was the type that's sort of seedy and known for "extras" and the masseuse assumed I wanted sex, and was immediately ready to go. I sort of talked her down to a handjob and the masseuse took off her clothes, straddled my legs, and did her thing while I lay on my back. For about 10 seconds during the hand-job, her genital area was pressed against my scrotal area, and she also kissed the shaft of my penis twice. There was no intercourse, and I didn't see any sores or lesions on her, but I also wasn't able to look inside her or get more than a few brief looks between her legs before she was on top of me.

I posted a similar question earlier asking about herpes, but after your replies and continued testing, I feel pretty confident that I don't have it. Recently, however I learned a lot more about hpv, and now I'm wondering if that's something I should be concerned about as well. I've had no symptoms, but it sounds like many strains are asymptomatic. As far as I can see, there's no way to test for it for men, so do I just continue being sexually active? Am I putting future partners at risk? Do I just abstain from sex for a year and hope any potential infection has cleared? I've seen several hpv test kits for men online. Do I try one of those?

https://www XXXXXXX com/Molecular-Testing-Labs%C2%A8-MyHomeTests%C2%A8-testing/dp/B075L3RDBT/ref=pd_sbs_328_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B075L3RDBT&pd_rd_r=6f214f36-88fc-11e8-8b8e-bbc6d9adcba6&pd_rd_w=eyxXg&pd_rd_wg=DlFGn&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=0000&pf_rd_r=W5Z4T58RN25RF50DA6JW&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=W5Z4T58RN25RF50DA6JW

I'm panicking a little, so any advice would be appreciated.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV infection is unlikely through hand job, kissing the penis.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome TO HCM.
Acquiring genital HPV infection through hand job, kissing the penis and pressing the genitals over your scrotum is quite unlikely.
Absence of any visible lesions 4 months after the exposure (The incubation period for HPV infection is ranging between 2-4 months) itself is enough that you need not worry about the infection. Subclinical infection with some strains are not having much risk for either you or your partner. So after an abstinence for 4 months or a protected sex till 4 months, you can resume your normal sexual life (after rule out HIV, Syphilis which are also unlikely with the type of sexual acts you had) with your partner.
Having a test for HPV after 3 months also have additional benefit in ruling out HPV infection.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Ok, great thanks for the reply and the info. Regarding taking an HPV test in 3 months, what kind of test would I be taking? As far as I could find the only way to test for hpv in men was to look for visible warts.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are unlikely to have HPV infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi,.
Welcome back. HPV PCR test or NAAT test is preferable. Not to worry. With your mentioned activities, HPV infection is unlikely. There is one test available as a out patient procedure to look for acetic acid whitening test (VIA). Ask your consultant. He/she will help you in this regard.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist