Hi , I got to know about my hypothyroidism in
I got to know about my hypothyroidism in early 2017 when I faced a huge hair fall. Since then I am taking thyronorm 25 mcg. But my hairfall didn't cured. In last 6 moths I have used follihair A tablet and minoxidil 5% solution for 3 months on shaved head. Hair regrowth improved, got some hair back. Then i stopped using minoxidil and follihair A. Hair fall came back , from last one month i am losing 100+ hair everyday. I am using again minoxidil and follihair A from last 15 days and continuing thyronorm 25 mcg..but no improvement. I am feeling stressed and not sure what to do?
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and viewed the images.
You seem to have Androgenetic Alopecia. It is characterized by gradually progressive hair loss and thinning from the front, mid and vertex part of the scalp. There is an underlying genetic predilection. I suggest you to continue with Minoxidil 5% solition, 1ml, twice daily on scalp. In addition I suggest you to take oral finasteride 1mg (Tab. Finax 1mg) daily. Both of these are US FDA approved treatments for androgenetic alopecia in makes. Treatment is long term and requires life long maintenance or else you may shed hair again. Moreover, it may take 3-6 months for noticeable improvement after starting treatment therefore you need to be patient. Besides medication you may explore other options like platelet rich plasma therapy (PRP) and hair transplant.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body