Hi , I got to know about my hypothyroidism in
I got to know about my hypothyroidism in early 2017 when I faced a huge hair fall. Since then I am taking thyronorm 25 mcg. But my hairfall didn't cured. In last 6 moths I have used follihair A tablet and minoxidil 5% solution for 3 months on shaved head. Hair regrowth improved, got some hair back. Then i stopped using minoxidil and follihair A. Hair fall came back , from last one month i am losing 100+ hair everyday. I am using again minoxidil and follihair A from last 15 days and continuing thyronorm 25 mcg..but no improvement. I am feeling stressed and not sure what to do?
Androgenetic alopecia, continue minoxidil & tab andranagen
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.
You seem to be having androgenetic alopecia which is a hereditary and hormonal type of alopecia. It can get aggravated with thyroid disorders.
This type of hair loss doesn’t have a permanent cure.
You need to continue with minoxidil solution till you want hair as on stopping minoxidil you will again loose hair within 6-8 months.
You have started minoxidil just 15 days back but you need to continue it for 4-5 months to see significant results as 15 days is too less a time for minoxidil to start its onset of action.
I would recommend you to continue with minoxidil 5 percent lotion twice daily along with tablet andranagen once daily.
This will help in hair regrowth.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs