Hi I am trying to work out when I conceived

Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Posted on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I am trying to work out when I conceived I had sex on the 28th September and the 8th October my due date from ultrasound is the 6th July my last period in September was 6th September i can’t remember my October date
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Conception date

Detailed Answer:

If your due date is July 6, then, according to calculations, conception must have happened somewhere between October 6 and October 12, because sperm can live inside your body for up to a week. This makes October 8th (the date of intercourse you refer) the most probable date of conception.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 7 hours later
Hi reliable is dates of conceptual from a calculator could sperm have lasted long enough from the 28th to have got me pregnant if it was that date would my due date be earlier thank you
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Based on correct due date

Detailed Answer:

If the due date was calculated based on LMP (last menstrual period) and ultrasound, then the conception date is fairly accurate.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 42 hours later
What about if I ovulated early that month would it be possible for the sperm to still be around from the 28th to have got me pregnant
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cycle length needed

Detailed Answer:
I may be able to give you a more accurate answer if you could tell me your approximate cycle length. However, if you did have a period in October that it would be impossible to have ovulated early that month.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng