question-icon

Hi.. I am trying to conceive from last 3 months..

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019
Question: Hi.. I am trying to conceive from last 3 months.. before that I was on birth control pills for 2 n half years.. I had my last periods on 22nd November.. I went to doctor on 6th december and she said egg is developing and to have regular intercourse for next 3-4 days.. Now it is 13th december and i am experiencing stomach and back ache.. Is this because of implantation..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not likely .

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns. stomach and back ache you are having may be due to gastritis , it is less likely to be implantation pain .
Implantation usually happens about 10 days after ovulation, that will occurs around 15 or 16 december in your case .

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal (31 hours later)
Hi.. its 14th december and i am experiencing lower back and lower stomach pain .. is it because of implantation or periods..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Not related to periods or implantation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You had your last period on 22nd Nov. It is too early to expect the next period or the implantation. The pain in lower abdomen can be related to other causes also like intestinal colic or urinary infection. Implantation is usually not associated with a pain. You can have an over the counter anti spasmodic to help reduce the pain.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal (3 hours later)
Hi.. I wanted to know of I conceive is it possible to get any symptoms before missed periods.. If yes, could you please let me know what are the symptoms..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (20 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Only a blood test can confirm.

Detailed Answer:
Before the missed periods, there are no symptoms that can confirm a pregnancy. It is best to get a blood test for Hcg levels done to confirm about pregnancy at least 10 days after the date of ovulation.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN