Hi I am taking a pill called. Zithromax why only

Question
Hi I am taking a pill called. Zithromax why only three bills ...?...
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the type of infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Zithromax is long acting. A course of 5 days (6 pills) will stay active in your system for 10 days.

The dosage depends on the type of infection that is being treated and on a person's kidney function. In a person with normal kidney function:

1. Community-aquired pneumonia (mild severity)or Pharyngitis/tonsillitis (second line therapy) or Skin/skin structure infection (uncomplicated):
500 mg as a single dose on Day 1, followed by 250 mg once daily on Days 2 through 5.

2. Acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (mild to moderate):
500 mg QD x 3 days
OR

3. Acute bacterial sinusitis:
500 mg QD x 3 days

4. Non-gonoccocal urethritis and cervicitis:
One single 1 gram dose

5. Gonococcal urethritis and cervicitis:
One single 2 gram dose

I hope this information answers what you are wanting to know.