Hi , I am suffering from terrible headache, breathing pblm,

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 in Back Pain
Question: Hi ,
I am suffering from terrible headache, breathing pblm, pain in cervical spine (stiffness) , shoulder pain from last 6 months. Also I am getting intermittent pain in neck & have swelling on left side of the neck. Please suggest me to go for MRI of the below things as I wants to clear all my disease

MRI of brain
MRI of cervical spine
MRI of neck
CT scan PNS

Please provide me go ahead / prescription to do MRI/ ct scan of above things.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A number of causes are possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Headache can occur due to a number of causes. If headache itself is the primary ailment (referred to as primary headache, as in migraine or tension type headache), any form of testing including MRIs would not help in the diagnosis. It is only if headache is secondary to some other cause (referred to as secondary headache, as in case of brain tumor etc.), MRI can be helpful. In your case, a clinical evaluation is required first. However, you can go for an Screening MRI of brain and cervical spine. I can suggest you but unfortunately online consultation platform does not provide prescription facilities.

Depending on the findings we can take it further from there. Static neck exercises should help.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj