Hi, I Am Suffering From Anal Fissure For Last Two
Please give additional information
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and query.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Your age and gender please.
Are you doing Sitz bath?
Any examination and proctoscopy by a General Surgeon or Proctologist?
Give the full list of medicines orally and locally tried?
Any laxative and/or stool softener are you using?
Any other medical problems?
Please give full details.
Dr T Chandrakant.
Thanks for your feedback.
2 month is a long time for fissure-in-ano and indicates the need for surgery as by this time there is fibrosis at the base of scar with spasm and fibrosis of internal sphincter which does not allow complete relaxation of anal sphincter. Hence the repeated cuts and complications.
Since you want to avoid surgery I would advise you the following:
- Sitz bath has to be done in a large enough tub where you can sit in a squatting position comfortably. Water should be warm enough - tolerable to back of hand. Needs to be done before and after passing stool.
- Cremaffin dose to be adjusted to give semisolid stool.
- Use XXXXXXX toilet for passing stool.
- Locally apply Xylocaine jelly before and after passing stool as it reduces pain and thus spasm.
- Take Multivitamins, mineral and trace elements capsule as it helps as anti-oxidant and helps strengthening skin and healing the ulcer.
- Stress and anxiety increase the problem hence should be under control.
- Identify the foods and beverages that cause constipation/ increase fissure and stop them altogether. You only know which foods and beverages suit you or cause trouble. Make a list.
- Use boiled for 20 minutes and cooled water.
- No ointments should be applied. ( Xylocaine is jelly and will be washes aff after Sitz bath.
- Try these and let me know the results.
Better to avoid Placentrex as the effects are not proved.
- Will think of diltiazem later.
Dr T Chandrakant.