Hi, I am prone to having skin conditions around my
I am prone to having skin conditions around my private area and have been riddled by this problem since the last 12 to 18 months.
When i have an episode, i tend to have redness around my vagina, irritation and burning sensation. Sometimes (not always) i have a burning sensation when i urinate.
Please provide few more details
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted redness,irritation and burning sensation around private parts that you get repeatedly could be mostly due to Fungal infection .
I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Have you ever done blood tests for sugar levels to rule out Diabetes.?
2) Is there any white discharge from vagina?
3) Is there itching around the private parts during episode ?
4) Have you ever consulted qualified Gynecologist ?
The symptoms that you have are typical of Genital Candidiasis which are commonly seen in a Diabetic individual .
Kindly get your blood tests for sugar level done to rule out diabetes .
Taking Anti fungal medication and antibiotics for couple of days with use of topical Estrogen Cream does help to resolve the issue .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Please see my responses to your follow up questions below:
1) Have you ever done blood tests for sugar levels to rule out Diabetes.? - yes, this was done approx. 3 months ago and it was normal.
2) Is there any white discharge from vagina? - not regularly, but there is scaling of the skin around the area.
3) Is there itching around the private parts during episode ? - Not during the monthly cycle, but during the episode there is severe itching and scaling.
4) Have you ever consulted qualified Gynecologist ? - Yes, she told me it was a fungal infection and gave medication. My concern is that this infection is very frequent and is causing disruption in my married life.
Thank you once again for your help!
Do microscopic examination of a scrapingfromlesion done
Thanks for follow up and update.
It seems to be more likely to be Fungal Infection However I would suggest to do microscopic examination of a scraping from the lesions done during episode This will help to confirm the diagnosis.If so you will need to take anti fungal medicines for longer duration of Six months.
Thanks and Regards
is this the same as a pap smear?
I wish the doctor would provide the name of the test required to run, currently I don’t know what test is needed.
Read detail below
Thanks for follow up .
In this test the pathologist scraps the lesion gently and take the material and send it for microscopic examination to confirm the presence of fungi .
Thanks and Regards