Hi I am hoping to get some insight I am
Very likely mild gastritis.
Hello and Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query.
Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate,Stagnated stomach acid will cause mild inflammation in the muscular layers of stomach termed medically as gastritis. Your symptom started almost an hour after having food. Food remains in stomach for about an hour or two. The acid secreted may irritate the soft inner covering of stomach and hence may cause temporary inflammation leading to nausea/mild gastritis.
This was a mild episode of gastritis. I would suggest you to take omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for few days its over the counter and is very effective in treating gastritis.
Have home cooked easily digestible food for few days. Don't use spices.
Avoid smoking or alcohol.
Drink a glass of chilled milk in morning acts as a alkali and neutralize acid.
If nausea recurs take tablet zofran 4mg as and when required(it's over the counter).
In case symptoms recurs again even after following the advice an endoscopy would be done to look for the problem. A tube with camera would be inserted through mouth to see your gut.
Hope i was helpful,
Follow ups are welcome,
Do rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?