Hi, I am having pains in my upper back where
It is highly likely a a sprained rib
Hello and welcome,
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Upper sharp back pain while breathing is highly likely a sprained rib.
It can be caused by heavy lifting, repeated coughing or sneezing, poor sleeping patterns or posture.
To treat sprained rib apply cold (ice packs) to the area where you feel sharp pain for the initial 48 hours. After 48 hours you may apply heat.
Take pain killers (acetaminophen) and non-steroidal anti inflammatory medicines (ibuprofen).
Do gentle physical exercises.
Recovery of sprained rib usually takes a week and the pain is worse initial 2-3 days.
I hope the above information will be helpful for you. Please, feel free to ask me if there is anything else you need to know.
Malik Amonov MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can one identify through visual inspection that Lortab medication is...
- Is Black Cohosh effective at treating diarrhea with hot flashes?
- I was staying in XXXXXXX I came to UAE 3
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones? I have stage
- Hi, I am having pains in my upper back where
- I am recovering from respiratory infection and have bumps and
- unexplained weight loss
- I just recently purchased a bottle of gold peak green
- What's causing my light headedness? I'ts not my heart...brain...nor vertigo
- I have been have dizzy spells, chills , and muscle