Hi I am currently pregnant and have underactive thyroid? Which

Question
Hi I am currently pregnant and have underactive thyroid? Which tests do I need to do? Is it only tsh? Or tsh t3 and t4?
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Three of them you have to do.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
You have to go for three of the test T3,T4,TSH to rule underactive thyroid.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hi I am currently pregnant and have underactive thyroid? Which 3 days later
Hi doctor I have updated my results please check and let me know. I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant
Follow-up: Hi I am currently pregnant and have underactive thyroid? Which 23 minutes later
Please let me know if I need to increase thyroid dosage I am currently taking 50. Also the hcg levels look elevated to me is there a possibility of twins. Or does that indicate a singleton pregnancy.? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get pelvic ultrasound to rule out ectopic or twin pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
I have gone through your reports and in my opinion your thyroid is fine, no need to increase or decrease the dose of thyronorm.
Your hcg levels are high ,so you have to go for pelvic ultrasound to rule out twins and ectopic pregnancy.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Hi I am currently pregnant and have underactive thyroid? Which 20 hours later
Hi doctor went for a scan it’s not ectopic. He said if it’s twins we can’t see now. He said all looks good il update scan report please see it. Also I still am having sharp right pain he said maybe uterus expanding

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to stretching pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.

I have gone through your reports and as your doctor said it is not ectopic pregnancy, so it is most likely twins pregnancy.

Pain could be due to the stretching pain of uterus.
You can take progesterone after consulting your treating doctor.

You can repeat your ultrasound after 2 weeks and repeat blood beta HCG also.

Hope you found this useful.
Good luck.