Hi, I am currently in Laos and I was scratched
I had one at the start of May, one a week later and a final one in October last year. I know that normally you are supposed to get all three vaccinations in the same month. There was a bit of language barrier with the doctor here, so I just wanted to confirm that, given the fact that my vaccinations were spread out over 6 months, I am still ok to just get two vaccinations now and I don't need Rabies Immune Globulin as well.
You need another dose and no immunoglobulin.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor's service. I read your query and here is my advice.
Since you have been previously vaccinated you should get 2 doses of rabies vaccine and immunoglobulin is not needed.
The vaccine you did last year is valid even though you did the third dose later.
Since you did a dose in the day you were bitten by the dog you will receive another dose the third day and no more is needed.
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.