Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Hi, I am a 55 year old woman., 5'6' and

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9447 Questions
Hi, I am a 55 year old woman., 5'6' and 230lbs. I've been experiencing intervals of a sharp cramping pain on my right side--at about belly button level-- since this morning. It's continuuing to increase in intensity (On a scale of 1-10 from about a 3 to 6-ish at about 3pm est) and also occurs more often; from every 20 minutes to every minute or so. No temp, nausea, headache. Suggestions?
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible diverticulosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

This may be suggestive of diverticulosis which is inflammation of sigmoid colon. This is common and usually self limiting issue. However if fever, blood in stool or intensive pain occur, you should see doctor for further evaluation and to rule out more serious diverticulitis.

first try to change your dietary habits, it means: eat smaller meals but more frequently, avoid fried and spicy food, take menta tea, avoid alcohol and coffee, eat probiotics and milk products, and high Fibre food, boiled food and vegetables. Also, there are medications such as Flobian,Magnesium oxide or certain axatives which may relieve constipation if present.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor