Hi, I am a 55 year old woman., 5'6' and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, I am a 55 year old woman., 5'6' and 230lbs. I've been experiencing intervals of a sharp cramping pain on my right side--at about belly button level-- since this morning. It's continuuing to increase in intensity (On a scale of 1-10 from about a 3 to 6-ish at about 3pm est) and also occurs more often; from every 20 minutes to every minute or so. No temp, nausea, headache. Suggestions?
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible diverticulosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

This may be suggestive of diverticulosis which is inflammation of sigmoid colon. This is common and usually self limiting issue. However if fever, blood in stool or intensive pain occur, you should see doctor for further evaluation and to rule out more serious diverticulitis.

first try to change your dietary habits, it means: eat smaller meals but more frequently, avoid fried and spicy food, take menta tea, avoid alcohol and coffee, eat probiotics and milk products, and high Fibre food, boiled food and vegetables. Also, there are medications such as Flobian,Magnesium oxide or certain axatives which may relieve constipation if present.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.