question-icon

Hi I am a 46 yr old women I have

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019
Question: Hi I am a 46 yr old women I have been having pain in the joints around my ears and upper face and my cheek I have recently had a full cardiac work up done and it all came back normal blood pressure normal I am wondering if this can be tmj ans I do suffer from it occasionally and when I brush my teeth the back is more sore
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma’am,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but this is probably due to tempromandibular joint arthritis.. I would recommend that you take an anti-inflammatory medication as declofenac once daily for 10 days. If no relive then you should get an X-ray on your temoromandibular joint to detect the cause of pain..

I hope you find this helpful. If you don’t have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman