Hi, I am a 27-year-old male, newly married. I and

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi, I am a 27-year-old male, newly married. I and my wife are currently trying pregnancy. I have a question regarding my penis health. I am not circumcised and hence my foreskin intact. When I am erect my foreskin doesn't come down on its own and I had to bring it down on my own, there is mild pain and tightness initially but not severe pain. When I am not erected I can bring down the foreskin completely without any pain. The question is that my penis head is very sensitive. Upon touch, I get a stingy and uncomfortable sensation, which sometimes translates as pain more than discomfort when touched upon the head of the penis. Are there any gel/creams that are safe that can be used keeping pregnancy in mind. Is there any other cure for this condition? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that glans penis (top of the penis) is most sensitive part of penis and it is not unique for you. Almost all men have more dense nerve endings at the glans penis and density of nerve endings is responsible for sensation.

Since it is normal I do not feel anything should be tried unless it is necessary. In case there is associated premature ejaculation (early discharge) lignocaine spray can be tried. It is available in 2% concentration and helpful for both the pain and stingy sensation along with premature ejaculation and does not affect possibility of pregnancy.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad