Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I underwent

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I underwent a routine full body health check up and found that my CHOLESTEROL and TSH is high. The doctor further advised me to go for antithyroid antibodies and vitamin D checks. The reports say that I am deficient in vitamin D. I have attached my reports herein. The doctor has asked me to use tablets for vitamin d, cholesterol and thyroid and reckons I can stop thyroid and cholesterol after 3 months. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly attach the reports again

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical query raised by you I can very well understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that probably due to some technical issues your reports field to get uploaded so I request you to kindly try re-uploading your reports from the dashboard so that I can personally evaluate them and then give my opinion accordingly.

Kindly re-upload all your latest reports.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Attached the report
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Am sorry to say but still am not able to see any attachments. Either to mail them to the CustomerCare or you can mail be directly on YYYY@YYYY

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 4 minutes later
Please find attached
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
After going through all the reports attached by you I would like to tell you that your thyroid levels are quite high and probably your doctor will increase the dose of your thyroid medications slowly.

Your lipids are also deranged which most likely is due to the sedentary lifestyle routine which you have to change to healthy lifestyle habits.

Regarding your concern of stopping medications will only be decided after repeating your tests after 3 months.

If you want to avoid medications then you have to improve your lifestyle and start healthy diet with daily exercise.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
What is the impact of the antibody and vitamin D test results?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Your thyroid antibiotic test is alright and your vit d levels are low.

The important natural source of vit d is direct exposure of skin to sunlight daily for atleast a period of 30 mins which because of our sedentary or busy lifestyle we don’t get.

Vit d important for bone, muscle and cardiac health and various other metabolic functions. You need to take its supplement as advised by your treating doctor.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D