Hi, I am 50 yr and had cataract surgery bil.

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi,
I am 50 yr and had cataract surgery bil. in April and May 2018. I am experience painful burning,watery,eyes since then. I have been tested for dry eyes and that was negative. I happens several times a day. I work and this is such a uncomfortable thing to go through. I still have used systame,artifical tears and no help. My eyes by the end of the day looks like I have been crying all day. Please advise.

Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti-inflammatory eye drops needed

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.

As you have already been tested for dry eye and found negative, the Systame and lubricants have a limited role.

There can be a very small inflammation in the eye, causing this problem. In our practice we use steroid eye drops similar to what you used just after surgery, they will reduce watering and burning and thereby reduce watering.

Any further query in this regard, please do get back to me.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee