Hi, I am 50 yr and had cataract surgery bil.
I am 50 yr and had cataract surgery bil. in April and May 2018. I am experience painful burning,watery,eyes since then. I have been tested for dry eyes and that was negative. I happens several times a day. I work and this is such a uncomfortable thing to go through. I still have used systame,artifical tears and no help. My eyes by the end of the day looks like I have been crying all day. Please advise.
Anti-inflammatory eye drops needed
Thanks for sending your query to us.
As you have already been tested for dry eye and found negative, the Systame and lubricants have a limited role.
There can be a very small inflammation in the eye, causing this problem. In our practice we use steroid eye drops similar to what you used just after surgery, they will reduce watering and burning and thereby reduce watering.
Any further query in this regard, please do get back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...