Hi, I am 35 weeks pregnant. i got too much
Can be controlled with medicines and dietary control.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
The abnormal glucose tolerance test at 35 weeks can cause an increased body weight of the baby. Since the test at 25 weeks was normal. it seems diabetes has developed recently. You need to have proper control of the blood glucose levels after consulting your gynaecologist.
This will prevent excessive weight gain of the baby. Diabetes will come back to normal after the delivery. There is nothing to worry.
The chances of developing diabetes later in life are there but can be prevented with proper dietary control.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The levels are high.
Thanks for writing again.
The OGCT levels are slightly high. You can start with a dietary control and start with medicines like insulin if needed after consulting your gynecologist. A repeat test is not needed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...