Hi! I’ve deep kissed a man about 5 days ago.

Question
Hi! I’ve deep kissed a man about 5 days ago. Also he with his fingers touched my vagina. We didnt had sexual intercouse nor oral sex. Today, after 5 days of that I have a swollen lymph node in my neck right under my chin (right side area) when I touch it it hurts a bit, also I have like a dry sensation in my mouth and throut. Can this be HIV? I didnt notice any cuts or bruises in either mouths also didnt taste like blood while kissing. Could this be any other STD? How long should I wait to be tested? What this can be? Im really worried. Also wanted to tell that Ive been off oral contraceptive pills about a month ago and went back to the pill about 3 days ago, but dont think it relates. Thanks!
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kissing disease or mononucleosis

Detailed Answer:

Do you have body pains and or sorethroat? Do you have tiredness?
It looks like you are talking about kissing disease or glandular fever. Physician refer it as Mononucleosis, caused by EBV virus, family of Herpes virus. There is no good test for this however you can get Monospot test which is positive in most cases.
Please do not worry about HIV or STD. You had not contracted these disease and they do not show up in just 5 days.
A painful salivary gland is what you have or a lymph node.
This ailment will resolve on its own. Just increase fluids, ample rest for 4 days. Else you might spread the disease for 10 days. If you have body pains you can take Ibuprofen three times a day.
The OCP is not related to this event.

Follow-up: Hi! I’ve deep kissed a man about 5 days ago. 5 hours later
Thanks for your answer. Yes! I have body pain/ache, mild sorethroat. I havent had fever or any other symptoms. Ive read that the symptoms of mono start tonshow in about 4 weeks...can this be anything else?
For STD testing what time would be appropiate to wait? Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two weeks post exposure

Detailed Answer:
salivary gland issues strike me, infection of gland.
First get examination by local primary care doctor. if he feels it need investigation you can get it.
For STD 2weeks post exposure is good time to test.