Hi. For the past month I have had serious pain

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi. For the past month I have had serious pain in my left hand off and on occurring only at night. It seems to originate from my left wing bone in my back when I am laying on it and travels to my left hand and feels much like a hand that has been frozen until it is numb and then begins to thaw out. Generally, if i get up and vertical it will go away after a while, sometimes a long while. Lately it seems like I can turn on my right side, put my arm at my side on top of the covers, and rotate my hand until it goes away. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be nerve compression in the neck.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the details and In my opinion this pain seems to originate from your spinal canal in cervical spine due to pressure on one of the nerves.
I suggest you start pain killers , muscle relaxants and a combination of Pregabalin + methycobalamine. Start physiotherapy particularly Exercises to build up neck muscle strength.
Investigation required to confirm the diagnosis is MRI and Nerve conduction velocity.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana