Hi, For a month I had a small bump on

Posted on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,
For a month I had a small bump on on skin outside of urtheral opening. Went to general practitioner twice and assumed it was a pimple. Did all std test and only came back positive for hsv1. She said it didn’t look like hsv. Gave me steroid cream. After 2 weeks it finally disappeared, fast forward 5 days and the bump is back in the exact same spot. It’s sensitive after I touch it and look at it. The only other symptom is that I have to pee more than usual. What could This be? Been refraining from sex and it’s driving me crazy.
Answered by Dr. Jagadish Golabavi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As your doctor said , it's not look like hsv1 . Mostly it's uretral carucle

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your question. but you didn't mention gender and treatment history. as per your history it looks like uretral carucle . no need to worry it goes off itself .only thing you should maintain good hygiene , if it's causing pain and discomfort then visit surgeon so that he can prescribe medicine or he can go for surgical removal .

possible causes in your cases :
-low estrogen level in female
-urethral melanoma
-intestinal ectopia
-urethral leiomyoma

usually not required until it causes discomfort and pain ,
A typical treatment plan may include topical estrogen cream to help restore your levels and a topical anti-inflammatory medication to further ease symptoms.

Your doctor may recommend surgical removal if the growth is abnormally large and causing significant symptoms, isn’t responding to less intensive treatment, or the diagnosis is otherwise unclear.

thank you , I hope you satisfied with the information . please rate it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Jagadish Golabavi 1 hour later
i am a 30 year old male. i went to the general practicioner twice. i did go to urologist but it had cleared up the day before. he didnt see anything. i still had sensitivity in the head of my penis. attached is photo of what it looks like today. 24 hours in
Answered by Dr. Jagadish Golabavi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reviewing the history

Detailed Answer:
if it's not healing by itself then better to consult surgeon because it needs to be removed by minor surgery and before that confirm once again with STD tests because previous results may be false.
thank you .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Jagadish Golabavi

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2016

Answered : 132 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction