Hi First to start with I should inform u that
First to start with I should inform u that I have allergy rhinitis causing itching palate. So on1st of February around 11 am morning I developed a red spot on my palate it was certainly not before because I take the picture of my palate and my mouth every two hour. So at previous picture taken taken at 7.30 am it was not there. My problem is it has been three days it is not going or seems reducing. Is anyway it could be erthoplakia. Plz help.
Allergic pharyngitis; erythroplakia
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Don't worry about that red spot on soft palate. The undersurface of palate passes many structures including muscles. Moreover palate is more vulnerable for allergy as it is close to pharynx. Allergic pharyngitis is the most common cause for congestion of soft palate. Erythroplakia is different thing and it doesn't appear within a small time.
Start omeprazole tablet for acidity, betadine gargle for infection. Drink plenty of water. Avoid spicy food,tea, coffee,cold drink. Relax. It will take some time to resolve but no need to panic. Review after 1 week.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it normal to have seapage from a nose packing
- I am having pain my left ear from last couple
- My wife has been reporting head ache for past few
- I want an answer from Specialist too. ________________________________ I...
- Hi, Recently, I have joined swimming classes and this very
- Hello - I am 33 years old male and my
- My 18 year old daughter drank XXXXXXX floor cleaner yesterday
- The skin inside my ears before inner ear is suddenly
- sir.. , my brother have some breathing difficulties recently.. he
- Ok, please do not review the other opinion. I’m a