Hi Dr, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I am a 58 year old
Answer a few questions, please
Welcome to ask a doctor service,
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I need to ask you a few questions:
What is the site of the rash?
Is it associated with burning, pain, and itching?
Do you have any other ailments?
I don’t think propolis ointment would be effective in preventing the outbreaks.
Kindly revert with the answers.
If possible upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
No medicines can reduce outbreaks apart from antiviral drugs
Unfortunately there are no other medicines apart from antiviral drugs that can reduce the outbreaks.
You can take tablet aciclovir 400 mg twice daily for 3-4 months as a suppressive therapy to reduce the frequency of occurrence of genital herpes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs