Hi Dr, I see the skin has been bit peeled

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sun, 10 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Dr,

I see the skin has been bit peeled out on the circumference of my penis.like I mean, though the foreskin is there but,when we pull back the foreskin,the skin what we have ,which leads to the tip of the penis,that skin is a bit reddish now.Seems ,the skin has been peeled out .I don't know how and why,but it could be due to hot water which I use for cleaning my genital parts. hot water,along with some soap. I applied sofrmycin cream and it's now very less ,rather reduced a lot.. however,it's still there a bit..the color difference..any thing to worry? Shall I use sofrmycin for some more time unless it gets diminished... sometimes,it itches as well...no pain or discharge.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Uploaded the image
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candidal balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and viewed the image.

Seems like it is a yeast infection- candidal balanitis... I suggest you use Clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily for a week You may also take a single dose of the tab. Fluconazole 150mg (may need a prescription from the local physician).

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 32 hours later
can the cream be applied to the adjacent areas, nearby tip etc where I see redness
,also, the tablet is just one time consumption, isnt it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candida infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
yes the cream can be applied to nearby areas too..Yes, the tablet is to be taken just once.

regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 14 days later
Hi Dr,

It's been almost 15 days now.. though I see the spots are reduced to a much extent,I don't see that completely diminished yet..Would it take some more time..

Let me know please.let me know if an image has to be uploaded again
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding your concern on glans penis

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Welcome back

Were you able to follow the advice given in my earlier reply regarding candidal balanitis i.e Fluconazole 150mg tablet for 3 consecutive days and clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily for a week?

I suggest you to clean the glans and undersurface of prepuce with lukewarm water and a mild soap as the white membrane like stuff covering the glans seems to be smegma which results from exfoliated/dead skin cells and glandular secretions that gets accumulated under the prepuce and may encourage candida overgrowth, irritation & itching.

take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later

Yes .I applied the cream daily twice . however,the tablet was consumed only once and not for 3 consecutive days.
Let me know if I have to take it for 2 more days along with the cream. I do clean the glans under running water.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I suggest you to take the remaining 2 doses of fluconazole, 3 days apart e.g on Monday and on Thursday. Continue with clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily. Clean the area gently with soft cloth or hand towel dipped in lukewarm water.
Let me know after a week.

take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Ok..done...even after I clean with XXXXXXX warm water,the white substance doesn't go off completely from the glands.. however,I will try to wipe it gently
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
fine.
Let me know after a week if you still have any issues.

take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad