question-icon

Hi Dr. Chandrakant, It is me again, just wanted to

Posted on Mon, 11 Mar 2019
Question: Hi Dr. Chandrakant,
It is me again, just wanted to update you once more about my condition.

So there seems to be some improvement but very slow. Only issue im facing are these two spots which are very difficult to heal, whenever any of them start to form granulation tissue it starts to itch then after blood comes out and pain comes along from the bottom one especially burns like a needle...which causes those small wounds to open again and process keeps going the same...Why aren''t they not closing up and healing permanently? is it because of the area they are in? Any recommendation on what i can try extra?

i attached earlier and recent photos for your reference. Date of photo is mentioned in the file name. Picture brightness is dependent in time of day.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Wound and scar look better than before

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Nice to hear from you again.
Noted the history and seen both the photos.
The better part is that the rest of the wound is healed and scar looks great.
Which one of the photos is recent? The one with single sinus or 2 sinuses? (There is no date with file name)

The commonest cause I can think about in your case is the skin closing before the internal healing which contains granulation tissues.
If such recurrence continues the options are as follows:
Wait and watch with continuation of same management as before as it has shown good results for rest of the wound.
Local scrapping/curettage sometimes helps to remove excess granulation or anything that is causing recurrence for internal healing.
There seems to be no need of any surgery or so at the moment.

I hope this answer helps you further.
Please continue the management as before.

Dr T Chandrakant.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant (42 minutes later)
thank you doctor for your answer.
the older photo is the one with single sinus and recent one is with 2 sinuses. the bottom one is usually painful when i walk sometimes.
Is betadine quickly healing the outer skin surface rather than internal?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Betadine gives sterility

Detailed Answer:
Betadine helps to keep the area sterile and has no direct bearing on healing.
Pain is usually due to inflammation.
Thee seems to be no pus at the moment.
Hence the granulation tissues may be the reason along with the reasons we discussed in older posts.

Let us continue the same management, wait and watch policy.
I hope you have consulted the operating Surgeon.

Take care and give feedback.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon