Hi Doctor. what is difference between Valparin plain and Valparin
My question is with valparin plain he did not have attack for 7 years - doctor could have increased the dosage, but inspite of telling him - he changed the tablet to valparin chorno. Just want to know what is the difference between these to tablets and what is your advice ?
Valparin chrono works for longer duration.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.
Valparin and valparin chrono are the same medicines, and the same dose of either of them has equal effect. However, chrono preparation has longer duration of action. Therefore, if valparin plain is used, one has to take medicines at correct timing (about 12 hour gap). With chrono preparation, there is no problem, even if the next dose is delayed by about 2-3 hours.
Here, the seizures occurred most likely because of lowering the dose to 400 mg. Continue 600 mg per day, as the doctor has advised.
I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?