question-icon

Hi Doctor, my mother-in-law is feeling nauseous and she vomited

Posted on Wed, 27 Mar 2019
Question: Hi Doctor, my mother-in-law is feeling nauseous and she vomited twice this morning. She was also a bit giddy.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
She should be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The cause should be identified in her case. It could be due to analgesic intake or food related.
Ultrasound whole abdomen will give a clue.
I prescribe Rabeprazole and Domperidone combination to my patients if the condition is not serious.

It's better to give rest to her stomach for few days. Fluids can be given Intravenously under supervision of a doctor according to the cause.

You can revert back with reports of the investigations.

Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon