Hi Doctor, The skin at the edge of my nails
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through your query.
You seem to have a condition known as, Hang nail, which is a torn piece of skin near the nail fold. I suggest you to cut off the loose skin carefully with a nail cutter and apply a topical antibiotic ointment e.g either Mupiricin 2% ointment or 2% Fusidic acid ointment, twice daily for a week. Thereafter I suggest you to use a moisturizing crram frequently as hang nails are common in those with dry skin.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body