Hi Doctor Saransh was operated for rectal prolapse in 2017.
request your advise on following ?
what is residual prolapse ?
what is be future consiquances of residual prolapse ?
will it again require surgery ?
Residual prolapse is some amount of mucosa seen externally after Surgery
I saw the Reports.
Patient had 10cms of Rectum outside for which he was operated in 2017.Now,about 1 cm of inner lining of Rectum i.e.Mucosa (Residual prolapse)is seen outside.The procedure is described in the Literature.
It is not Recurrence where you see 10cms of the Rectum seen outside again after initial Surgery.
As per Medical literature,simple removal of the Residual prolapsed portion is sufficient.It does not need major surgery.
If it is not removed initially,it may increase in size and may require Major Surgery.It may remain 1cm only for prolonged period.
Give him hlgh fiber diet, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.He should take plenty of liquids.
Nothing to worry as of now.
Hope I answered your question.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish him good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...