Hi Doctor, My wife' right breast got engorged. actually she

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doctor, My wife' right breast got engorged. actually she had crack on her right nipple due to that could not feed her 2 month old baby. now continue she is expressing milk out.milk is coming in eccess but due to tight nipple baby is not feeling after engorgement. we had visited 2-3 doctor they only suggest milk expression. and some suggested to go for surgery. She had already had 3 major surgery . I don't want to go for even for small surgery. now she had relief in pain and breast also looks soft compare to previous. Today we have gone for breast Memosonography please find the report and tell us the best.thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In which city are you based ?
The sonomammogram does not show evidence of abscess.
I do not find a need for surgery.
Please take antibiotics, and anti inflammatory medicines for 5 days.
Hot compresses followed by milk expression.
Your doctor should prescribe the medications , but I can suggest Augmentin as antibiotic and Chymoral forte for pain and swelling relief.
All the best.
please feel free to discuss further.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 hours later
thank you so much for your valuable suggestion and give us confidence. we are staying at XXXXXXX currently she is taking medician polyclav 625mg & panbloc. and starting she used to take combiflam as a pain killer. but now there is no pian so she stopped it to take. should we stop taking these 2 medicine or continue?? will start Augmentin as a antibiotic and just want to tell you now totally relief in swelling & pain. somehow she just want to feed her baby from right breast. any cream that can make black portion(nipple) soft. And request you to please let this query thread open until comlete relief in breast. Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.
This thread can be opened whenever you wish, as long as you wish.
For how many days did she take the medicines ?
Total 5 days should be taken.
IF completed, she can stop.
Hot compresses should continue.
NIPCARE cream to make the nipple soft.
Please contact me whenever you wish.
Even if this thread closes, am giving you direct link to my profile -
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana