Hi Doctor, My wife is having cough for past 4-5

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor,

My wife is having cough for past 4-5 months. We have been to doctor thrice and changed 2 doctors as well but, both of them says it is allergic cough and will time to go.

One of them suggested to get CBC test done for which I am attaching the report. Please have a look and let me know the interpretation of report.

Also, I am mentioning the medicines which my wife is currently taking as per doctor's advice. Please suggest the way forward.

Ankur
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic cough

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Chronic cough can be due to various reasons like asthma, allergy, nasal pathology or chest diseases like tuberculosis.
The report suggests a slightly elevated Lymphocytes count. You should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses and xray chest done

Get ESR and mantoux test done.
For symptomatic relief give her a cough syrup.
Also give her a xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day and a tablet levocetrizine plus montelukast once daily for a week.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards