Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
138 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi Doctor, My sister's one side of the face got

Answered by
Dr. Shyam B. Kale

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 1961 Questions

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in Dental Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

My sister's one side of the face got swelled and also area around her eye also got swelled.

Few months ago, she got her dental treatment done and is wearing caps.

We took her to dentist yesterday and got her X-ray done. There is some infection in her tooth on which root canal was done.

Doctors cleaned it and prescribed medicines. But even after having medicines and cleanup her face is getting swelled.

Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to tooth infection or allergic reactions.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern. I have gone through attached images. As per your history, I think facial swelling may be due to allergic reactions or tooth infection.

Please let me know whether she had any history of trauma or injury to face, insect bite like bee, cold or sinusitis, redness and pain in eyes, discharge through eyes, fever, rashes and itching over body? Whether she is allergic to any medication or food? Kindly follow up with detailed history.

Treatment mainly depends upon the underlying condition. If you don't have any other symptoms, take proper treatment for tooth infection after consultation with dentist. Dentist has already prescribed antibiotics which will clear the infection. Maintain proper dental hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on