Hi Doctor, My daughter is 3.5 years old. She offen

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sun, 23 Dec 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi Doctor,

My daughter is 3.5 years old. She offen gets water on her eyes.

We did eye check up and her number is 2.5 cullindrical in bothe the eyes.

Please suggest what i can do ?

Thanks,
Simar
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
suitability of surgery is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

Do the refraction. If there is improvement then take the correct glass if she is using specs. As she is having epiphora then inject metheline blue through punctum of blocked side and then x-ray can be taken.So that point of block can be detected. Repeated syringing after dialatation can be done. Then block may be reopened. Now observe the condition of watering. If improved then dialatation and syringing can be repeated. If the condition does not improve then surgery is required for recanalisation to open the block. To correct the cylindrical defect consult a refractive surgeon for suitability of refractive surgery in this case .If the surgeon says yes then go for surgery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj