Hi Doctor, My daughter is 26 months old. She has
My daughter is 26 months old. She has developed some rashes types on her body. Pic attached. Please suggest what shall we do?
Just to let you know, had fever from Sunday evening (17th Feb) till Wednesday evening (20th Feb) after she gone outside on sunday morning when it was a bit cold. Range of fever was from 100 F upto 103 F. We had given her Calpol drops 1.8 ml during that duration.
Now today we have noticed these rashes. Please suggest.
Due to a viral infection.
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and they are often associated with an allergic component and rashes. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. You may give some antiallergic like Cetirizine Drops (or possibly better ones like Atarax (hydroxizine) which is a prescription medicine). You also need to apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion over those areas.
If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol (P-250, Crocin or Calpol) to it bring down. Also use tepid sponging. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P (mefenamic acid) which is more effective.
It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever