Hi Doctor, My daughter is 23 months old and for
My daughter is 23 months old and for the last 2-3 days there has been some pimple kind of developments on her face. It is not exactly pimple but, I don't know what else to call it.
The first one appeared 3 days back and almost one new is developing every day though the first one seems to be a bit less red now. Pics attached.
Please suggest what could it be and what shall we do?
3 days back first
It is a boil
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached image. It seems that your child has developed a boil (a bacterial infection). You need to apply some antibiotic ointment like neosporin over the area. It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient. Oral antibiotics would be needed only if it does not resolve easily.
Let me know if I could help further.
Thanks for your reply. Understood that it is some kind of bacterial infection.
Could you please suggest the probable cause of this infection and some precautions etc which we may take to avoid this in future?
Also, if there are any precautions to be taken in terms of food or hygiene in this situation, please do let me know. Thanks for all your help.
Thanks for writing back. Our skin contains bacteria and that is normal. Our skin has sebaceous glands that secrete oily secretions to lubricate our skin. Sometimes these bacteria infect these glands and the result is what you see in case of your child. To prevent such a thing from happening you need to maintain skin hygiene and intermittently wash her face with plain water. Avoid oily foods. No other dietary restrictions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever