Hi Doctor, My baby girl, she is about 4 weeks

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Sun, 31 Mar 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doctor, My baby girl, she is about 4 weeks old. My baby is crying out loud while pushing the poop. When she is asleep she is not crying only cries because of wetness. But when she is awake, and tries to push the poop or gas ... she is almost crying breathless. We feel she feels pain when gas or pain.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is common while passing urine and motion and also evening colic

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in here.

There are 2 possibilities here -
1. Crying while passing urine and motion is common in babies of this age. Nothing needs to be done for this.
2. Evening colic

I will explain you more about evening colic and is quite common in this age group. This happens when the baby sucks at the breast very fast and in eagerness to drink milk will gulp in air too. Unless the air comes out like burping or flatus this discomfort will be there and next time check if the baby is sucking too fast and gulping in air too. You will be more convinced. Usually I don't advice any medicines for this as they give only temporary relief.

The two best ways to relieve this distress is -
1. Do not put the baby in lying position after feeding till the baby burps out the swallowed air.
2. If still crying - put the baby in prone position and keep patting the back gently so that the baby passes off the flatus and gets relieved.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.
Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Best regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 40 hours later
Thank you so much doctor, this is really helpful.

Today we have observed, she has rashes like redness near her anus. its like scratches where she passes poop.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Please upload an image
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Please find image uploaded.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Use Siloderm

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Use Siloderm cream thrice a day for 5-7 days.
Do not wipe after washing the area.
You need to just mop it with a soft cloth.