Hi Doctor, My Name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and I am

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor, My Name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and I am 35 work for a startup and my job requires me to sit for almost 14 hours in a day( including travelling time), I am pure vegetarian and non smoker, I recently got my health check done and my bad and total cholesterol level are high, value for each of them is to totalCholesterol value is 221 ,HDL is 28 and LDL is 159 and triglycerides is 150. What should I do to improve it
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor,

I have gone through your query and will provide the necessary suggestions:

At this point there is no need to start any medication. A few strict and proper lifestyle modifications can surely help you out.

- Most important is to follow a healthy balanced diet. You should avoid the total fat intake and include plenty of fruits and vegetables. Avoid nuts and cashews.
- Engage in minimum 30 mins of brisk walking daily.
- Avoid smoking completely if any.
- Include more of foods rich in fiber.
- Follow up with a repeated lipid profile test after 3 months to look for the body's response.

You can choose to raise a diet chart request if you wish, our dieticians can help you with a detailed chart with all the necessary food restrictions.

I hope this helps,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy