Hi Doctor, May daughter is 25 months old. She has
May daughter is 25 months old. She has got slight cough and runny nose since yesterday.
We had given her only Alerid syrup (cetirizine) 5 ml yesterday evening.
We also have Maxtra, Ventorlin and Ambrolite S available at home.
Please suggest shall we continue with Alerid 5 ml? Is this dosage correct? Her weight is approx. 12.5 KGs and what other medicine shall we give her, if any?
Continue giving cetrizine, watch for symptoms
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Mild cough with running nose without fever is most likely due to allergy/seasonal cold. Possibilty of viral infection would be more if there is associated fever.
I think cetrizine in the same dose what you are giving for 4-5 days will help. As cough is mild only I don't think that cough syrup like Ambrodil s is needed. Please check the expiry date of medication and please don't use if the bottle has been kept opened for long.
Watch for other symptoms like fever, worsening of cough, breathing difficulty, poor feeding, excessive irritability or letharginess and if you notice any please consult your pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting