Hi Doctor, I sometimes experience lower back pain - I

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 29 Mar 2019 in Back Pain
Question: Hi Doctor,
I sometimes experience lower back pain - I have to travel office everyday for 2-2.5 hours on my motorbike. I am going for my annual body checkup in two days - can you suggest any test that I should take inorder to check if all is ok considering that I am a biker?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pl see below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
The problem of low back pain after travelling on a bike for 2-2.5 hrs everyday is only to be expected due to severe load on lower back subsequent to long driving with its inherent jerks and bounces.
Towards treatment I suggest you start muscle strengthening exercises for lower back.
Investigations that might be helpful would be MRI of lower back, Blood levels of Vitamin D3 and B12 . The deficiency of these vitamins may aggravate the back pain, while MRI may show mild to moderate disc prolapse.
I hope to have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng