Hi Doctor, I seem to have strained the left side
I seem to have strained the left side of my lower back and left leg because driving and using the clutch. The pain starts from the left part of my lower back and extends to my left buttock and left leg. I feel pain while stretching and bending forward,backwards and sideways. I took a tablet of Etoshine-MR this morning and applied Volini Gel to my lower back. I also work out regularly in the gym but I'm quite sure that this strain has not been caused by weightlifting.
Please advise on the medication and care I will need to take.
This is sciatica pain
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic surgeon.
The you have described the pain It seem it is Sciatica pain , usually caused by Pressure on the nerve in lower back.
First of all, to establish diagnosis , Get an MRI of Lumbo - Sacral Spine.
Normally I start pain killers a. Muscle relaxants and physiotherapy in my patients for 5-7 days then change treatment according to response.
There are certain precautions to be observed - Avoid forward bending , weight lifting , prolonged sitting and driving ,since these can aggravate the pain .
I hope to have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Do I still need to get an MRI done?
As in first response
I have already written about the group of medicines , that I normally prescribe to my patients after clinical examination. for exact medicines please consult your doctor. I give only guidelines here.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?