Hi Doctor! I noticed a few days ago that I

Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2018 in Dental Health
Question: Hi Doctor! I noticed a few days ago that I have a grouping of three small white spots close together, located high above my gum line, and am attaching an image which was the best I could get, and which shows one of the spots. They are located on the upper right side, above the third tooth back from the front tooth. I visited my dentist yesterday, and he examined them and said they were harmless calcium deposits. I was just looking at a panoramic X-ray he had taken two weeks ago and I noticed the small area I have circled (not the large area circled, which was a different question I had relating to my nose). That small circled area seems to be in the location where the calcium deposits are, but the dentist did not take another look at that X-ray yesterday when I questioned him about the white spots. Is that what that area on the X-ray appears to be...calcium deposits? Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gums are swollen and need good cleaning

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

As per your x-ray, big circle is related to your nasal cavity which is normal and small circle is calcium deposits as suggested by your dentist. Even the clinical pictures show swollen gums and indicate chronic generalized gingivitis. I would like to ask you are you having any pain or bleeding gums in this region. If you don’t have pain but have bleeding gums then go for deep cleaning and compare the results.
Also do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and maintain goo oral hygiene. Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Neha Sumra 34 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Sumra for your response! I do not have any bleeding or irritation, but I will follow through with even better flossing and the saline rinses. One last question..in looking at the entire panoramic X-Ray, would you say that everything looks normal (as my dentist had indicated)? Thank you again!
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep a watch on lower left last molar

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I think your lower left wisdom tooth is having secondary decay under the filling but there x-rays are not meant for caries. I would advise you to get an IOPAR xray done for this tooth and keep an eye on it. Rest of the things look fine in the xray.

If you have any concerns then please contact me back.

Thanks & Regards
Dr. Neha Sumra