Hi Doctor, I have been struggling with pneumonia . Clindamyacin

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
Hi Doctor,
I have been struggling with pneumonia. Clindamyacin didn't clear it so my NP put me on Levofloxacin 500 mg. The first day I felt sick all over about 8 hrs. after taking it. The second dosage I vomited. Third dose again sick all over and at 2:30 a.m. woke up with a severe pain in the calf of my right leg and going down toward the ankle. I'm afraid to take the next dose. I have Amoxicillian here that I ordered from Canada. Should I switch over to Amox? And if so....how much? I have 250mg. which I can double up on. -Diane-
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
try to continue it

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

Usually we don't rrecommendto change the treatment and i would advise you to continue the current treatment. Probably the stomach should be protected with Omeprazol tbs once.

If you have these concerns again than you can switch to Amoxicylin 1gram three times per day for 10 days.

Try it and we can discuss again .I am sure you will feel better again

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda

Follow-up: Hi Doctor, I have been struggling with pneumonia . Clindamyacin 14 minutes later
Thanks!

I have Omeprazole here so I will take that with the next dosage.

Thanks!
Diane

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

You are welcome anytime

Dr.Jolanda