Hi Doctor, I am 5 months pregnant since 8-10 days

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor, I am 5 months pregnant since 8-10 days I am suffering from severe pain at one point in my left side of neck and the pain is passing to left abdomen. I am unable to sleep and feeling difficulty in breathing. I had Tuberculosis 5 years ago and got it treated. Please advise. Thanks, Ruqiya 28 years Old
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult a surgeon as soon as possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mrs Ruqiya,

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms suggest some abdominal issue that needs careful examination. Pregnancy is associated with liver injury in some women, and the pain can radiate to the neck or shoulder.

Since this is associated with difficulty breathing, there is a possibility of irritation of phrenic nerve.

I urge you to consult a general surgeon and your obstetrician as well without any delay.

Please do not ignore these symptoms.

I hope you will recover soon,

Best wishes.