Hi Doctor, Am suffering from Jock Itch(Groin Area, Hips area)
Am suffering from Jock Itch(Groin Area, Hips area) from a good period of time(it's suppressing some time and coming back again). I have shown dermatologist for the same concern 6 months back for this as the condition got worsened(Reddish, Swollen, Itchy and Spread over multiple areas) and got the following medicines from the doctor.
1. Itraconozole 100mg
2. Grisovin FP
4. Nizoclin Topical Cream
I have followed it for 20 days(i could see results in the 2nd day itself) as suggested by the doctor and stopped it. After 2-3 weeks of stopping the medicines, I could see it recurring again with the same signs. Again I continued it for the same period and stopped and this cycle is repeating again and again. I see it getting suppressed and recurring back after some days of stopping medicines.
It gets spread to my spouse as well, whenever I get she also gets it and both will follow the same medications and stop at the same time.
I have the following queries:
0. Is there any Natural/Home Made Remedies to be followed in order to overcome this situation permanently?
1. Is this recurring situation common in all cases?
2. Why do I see this behavior in spite of following the medications as suggested by the dermatologist and even after taking proper care of that area.
3. Is there any way we can completely cure this disease, as this is getting worsened because of its recurring nature.
4. Is this happening due to intercourse? If yes, whats the necessary precautions/medications which we need to take.
Thanks in Advance
following necessary information
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and after reviewing your health query I'm of the following opinion:
1. Was the infection 6 months back direct [close personnel contact] or indirect [through contact with unwashed clothing of an infected person]??
2. as the problem is coming time and again: are you suffering from low immunity [like having high blood sugar, falling ill regularly]??
3. Since the fungus thrives/ survive in warm-moist environment thus do you have the problem of excessive sweating in private parts or unusual stress or improper dietary habits [taking sugar-rich diet]??
i. recurrence is common thus it is important to take the course of prescribed medicine for at least 2 months [without gap]
ii. recurrence and flare-ups despite taking proper care and medicine could be attributed to weak immunity, or because of resistance of fungi to antifungal medicines. [get a second opinion].
iii. to keep control/check on your problem treat any associated athlete's foot [since the causative agent is same]
iv. practice intimate hygiene [since the fungus can travel from any contact], In Ayurveda I usually manage my patients on the line of ‘Dadru’ [kshudra kushtha]
v. good antiperspirants are: tankan [boric acid], sphatika[alum], aloe vera,apple cider vinegar,honey,garlic, B complex vitamins.
vi. Useful external topical applications are: maha marichyadi taila, tuvraka taila,jatyadi taila, dadrughana lepa while internally gandhaka rasayan,bakuchi,arogyavardhini vati,haridra khand, rasmanikya.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Experiencing neck pain. Suggest medication or exercise?
- Taking inhaler for chronic bronchitis. Need ayurvedic remedies
- Have habit of rubbing penis while sleeping and masturbating. Muscles...
- Sustained a cranial and vestibular concussion. Taking vestibular...
- Teeth is sensitive and have issue with gums. Sometimes releases pus....
- How can low breast milk production be managed?
- How can macular degeneration be cured?
- Can Trikatu churna, Beheda churna and Swarna varant cause insomnia?
- Suggest homoeopathic remedies for recurring red rashes on the body
- Suggest remedies for freckles on the T-zone of the face