Hi Doc, my wife has recently been feeling giddy for

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Tue, 1 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doc, my wife has recently been feeling giddy for the last 12 to 15 days. It happens once or twice a day during evening time for arounf 10 to 15 secs. She seems to get tired tk easily too compared to earlier. She is 28 years and we have 2 kids (3.5 years and 9 months old). Is it due to weakness or sHi Doc, my wife has recently been feeling giddy for the last 12 to 15 days. It happens once or twice a day during evening time for arounf 10 to 15 secs. She seems to get tired too easily too compared to earlier. She is 28 years and we have 2 kids (3.5 years and 9 months old). Is it due to weakness or something to worry aboutomething to worry about
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Check blood pressure and haemoglobin.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX

Welcome to Ask A Doctor Service.

I have studied your query carefully and understand your concern.

Feeling giddy and tired could be due to low haemoglobin or low or high blood pressure.

Please do get your wife's blood pressure and haemoglobin tested and also do a complete blood counts (CBC), if these are normal, then you need to consult your local doctor to rule out any ear problem or vitamin deficiencies.

She must drink plenty of fluids, you can add ORS to the water she drinks, drinking a glass of water in the morning and evening will also be helpful.

Ask her not to stand up straight from sitting or laying down position. She must do so gradually.

I hope this answers your query for now.

I wish you both good health.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D